Eric Hart is the awesomest photographer ever. I'm not saying that Eric's photography is necessarily awesome. In other words, he's a photographer, and he also happens to be incredibly awesome.

3.24.2005

Kyrgyzstan

So i can across this on Boingboing today: Kyrgyz government blog crackdown update. And I'm like, "Kyrgyz? Kyrgyz? Where the hell is that? That sounds like they hit the keyboard." And my dad goes, "That's the country where they jail men with long hair, facial hair, and gold teeth." And I'm all, "That's Turkmenistan you clod!"
Needless to say, I needed to find out more about this lovable neighbor of Uzbekistan and Azerbaijan. So I go to Yahoo! to look them up, but before I can type it in, I see the front page headline - Kyrgyzstan Gov't Collapses After Protest.
What the hell?
Less than a minute after I learn of the existance of Kyrgyzstan, it's gone. My own country of Ericland lasted longer than that. Other governments should take heed -

Don't mess with the bloggers.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i thought it was take "sword"


ha ha ha, wtf? "About 1,000 people surged toward the building housing Akayev's offices," We'd have a new government every time State U. beat College Tech.

And this is just weird:
"An elderly man and woman in a clearing in the crowd danced to imaginary music as a man pretended to beat drums."

11:41 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel bad for the ease of making fun of Kyrgyzstan:

"What Kyrgyzstan (or 'Kyrgizstan') lacks in gracious buildings and fancy cakes, it makes up for with nomadic traditions such as laid-back hospitality, a healthy distrust of authority and a fondness for drinking fermented mare's milk."

11:44 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Name:
Location: New York, NY, United States

I'm a props carpenter and a photographer